Tom McSweeney, Client Service Manager, Environmental Consultant
- Has established extensive experience in working with both public and private sector clients
- Has managed the nationwide implementation of state and local government remediation programs
- Continues to provides expert senior review and program support
- Contributes to provide in-depth knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and guidance
- More than 30 years of experience in managing environmental projects and operations management
- Provided on-site Program Management services for the FDEP to address extensive environmental liabilities involving two abandoned phosphate facilities in central Florida
- Responsible for negotiating remedial design and construction elements between public/private clients and regulatory agencies to yield the most effective cost solutions
ConRail /AMTRAK (Wilmington, DE Repair Shop) – Oversaw mechanical inspection of Metroliner and freight cars
- GE Railcar Services – Managed chemical railcar cleaning facility operations. Assisted with the development of SOPs for GE Railcar Services network of repair shops nationwide
- Chemical Waste Management (ENRAC) – Executed project management of several major Superfund Projects in the NE USA.
- D/B of multiple major groundwater remediation system airside at Miami International Airport treating> 8 MGD. Coordinated remedial activities with Airside Ops to minimize gate closures
- D/B of several landfill closures in Miami-Dade County and Broward County (Florida). Closures included demolition of structures and abandonment of rail sidings.
Program Manager for the FDEP Bureau of Mine Reclamation for the closure of two (2) phosphate facilities in Mulberry (476 acres) and Piney Point (310 acres) that had been financially abandoned. Supported FDEP efforts to secure funding for closure activities from the State Legislature
- Managed multi-year environmental services contracts with FDOT I, II. IV, VII over a 10-year period to provide remedial design and construction services for both planned and emergency projects
- D/B of a 5 MGD Class 1 Industrial Deep Injection Well and associated Monitoring well for a 280 acre development in North Miami, FL. Project also included the D/B of an 8,000 LF groundwater extraction system